Centurion Accessibility Plan and Policies
The Accessibility Plan applies to all the companies, entities, and limited partnerships under the Centurion umbrella, including but not limited to Centurion Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust ("REIT"), Centurion Property Associates Inc. ("CPAI"), Centurion Asset Management Inc. ("CAMI"), Centurion Mortgage Services Corporation ("CMSC"), and Centurion Financial Trust ("CFiT"). A complete list of all applicable companies, entities and limited partnerships covered by this Plan is available upon request.
Statement of Commitment
Centurion is committed to meeting its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the "AODA" or the "Act") and the related Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (the "IASR"). Building on Centurion's Accessibility Customer Service Policy, attached as a PDF document at the bottom of this page, Centurion is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence as we believe in integration and equal opportunity. Centurion is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility.
As part of Centurion's commitment to meeting its obligations under the Act, we have developed a plan which outlines our strategy to prevent and remove barriers and meet the AODA requirements.
Centurion's Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five (5) years, and as required.
Accessible Emergency Information
Centurion is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We also provide Employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Centurion provides training to all Employees, volunteers, and other staff members on Ontario's accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Information and Communications
Centurion is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs and adapt our services to best accommodate all requests made.
Accessible Websites and Web Content
Centurion's websites and content on such websites conform with World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Availability Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A.
As of January 1, 2021:
- Centurion's websites and web content conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA, except for exclusions set out in the IASR.
Feedback, Accessible Formats and Communication Supports
- Centurion has a statement on its websites (www.cpliving.com and www.centurion.ca) about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports and, upon request, provides or arranges for the provision of accessible formats in a timely manner; and
- Centurion ensures that the processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats and communications supports upon request.
Centurion is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We take the following steps to notify the public and Employees that, when requested, Centurion will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when individuals are hired:
- On its websites and on job postings, Centurion specifies that accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities
- Informs applicants selected to participate in an assessment or selection process that accommodations are available during the recruitment process, upon request, in relation to materials and processes to be used;
- Upon request, consults with the applicant and arranges for suitable accommodation; and
- Notifies the successful applicant, when making offers of employment, of its policies for accommodating Employees with disabilities.
- Informs Employees and new hires as soon as practical of Centurion's policies to support Employees with disabilities and keeps Employees up to date on changes to these policies; and
- Upon request from an Employee with a disability, and further to consultation with the Employee, provides for suitable accessible formats and communication supports for information needed by the Employee to perform their job, and information that is generally available to Employees.
We have taken the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for Employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- Developed a written process for the development of individual accommodation plans; and
- Developed and documented a return to work process for Employees who have been absent due to a disability; the process outlines the steps Centurion will take to facilitate the Employee's return to work, using the Employee's individual accommodation plan as part of that process.
Centurion takes the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of Employees with disabilities are taken into account during Centurion's Assessment Performance Incentive Program ("APIP") process:
- Centurion takes into account the accessibility needs of Employees with disabilities and any individual accommodation plans that are in place when utilizing Centurion's performance management processes, considering career development and advancement opportunities, and redeployment of its Employees with disabilities.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan and Centurion's Accessible Customer Service Policy, please contact:
Accessible formats of this document and Centurion's Accessible Customer Service Policy are available free upon request by contacting Centurion's Call Centre at 1-888-236-7767 or on www.cpliving.com and www.centurion.ca.