Centurion Accessibility Plan and Policies
The multi-year Accessibility Plan applies to all the companies, entities and limited partnerships under the Centurion umbrella, including but not limited to Centurion Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”), Centurion Real Estate Opportunities Trust (“REOT”), Centurion Property Associates Inc. (“CPAI”), Centurion Asset Management Inc. (“CAMI”), Centurion Mortgage Capital Corporation (“CMCC”), Centurion Mortgage Services Corporation (“CMSC”), and Centurion Financial Trust (“CFiT”). A complete list of all applicable companies, entities and limited partnerships covered by this Plan is available upon request.
Statement of Commitment
Centurion is committed to meeting its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the “AODA” or the “Act”) and the related Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (the “IASR”). Building on Centurion’s Accessibility Customer Service Policy, attached as a PDF document at the bottom of this page, Centurion is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Centurion is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility.
As part of Centurion’s commitment to meeting its obligations under the Act, we have developed a multi-year plan which outlines our strategy to prevent and remove barriers and meet the AODA requirements.
Centurion’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five (5) years, and as required.
Accessible Emergency Information
Centurion is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Centurion will provide training to all employees, volunteers and other staff member on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Information and Communications
Centurion is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs, and will adapt our services to best accommodate all requests made.
Accessible Websites and Web Content
Centurion’s new websites and content on such websites conform with World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Availability Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A.
Centurion will, by January 1, 2021:
- Make Centurion’s websites and web content conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA, except for exclusions set out in the IASR.
Feedback, Accessible Formats and Communication Supports
- Centurion has a statement on its websites (www.cpliving.com and www.centurion.ca) about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports and, upon request, provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats in a timely manner; and
- Centurion ensures that the processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats and communications supports, upon request.
Centurion is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Centurion will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- On its websites and on Centurion job postings, specify that accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities;
- Inform applicants selected to participate in an assessment or selection process that accommodations are available during the recruitment process, upon request, in relation to materials and processes to be used;
- Upon request, consult with the applicant and arrange for suitable accommodation; and
- Notify the successful applicant, when making offers of employment, of its policies for accommodating associates with disabilities.
- Inform associates and new hires (as soon as practicable) of Centurion’s policies to support associates with disabilities and keep associates up to date on changes to these policies; and
- Upon request from an associate with a disability, and further to consultation with the associate, provide for suitable accessible formats and communication supports for: information needed by the associate to perform their job, and information that is generally available to associates.
We will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- Develop a written process for the development of individual accommodation plans; and
- Develop and document a return to work process for associates who have been absent due to a disability; the process shall outline the steps Centurion will take to facilitate the associate’s return to work and use the associate’s individual accommodation plan as part of that process.
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account during Centurion’s Assessment Performance Incentive Program (“APIP”) process:
- Take into account the accessibility needs of associates with disabilities and individual accommodation plans when utilizing Centurion’s performance management processes, considering career development and advancement opportunities and redeployment of its associates with disabilities.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan and Centurion’s Accessible Customer Service Policy, please contact:
Associate Vice President, Human Capital
P: (416) 733-5600 x316
F: (416) 733-5607
E: [email protected]
Accessible formats of this document and Centurion’s Accessible Customer Service Policy are available free upon request by contacting Centurion’s Call Centre at 1-888-236-7767 or on www.cpliving.com and www.centurion.ca.